Today I wanted to share my all time favorite recipes. These are recipes that are kids friendly (most of the time), easy to make, somewhat healthy, and ALWAYS come out delicious. There is a mix of breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes.
I do most of the cooking at home and if I don’t do a meal plan for the week then I get really lazy and we end up spending a lot of money eating out. We do eat out on weekends so that’s why I try to limit restaurants/take out during the week. I’m the type of person that has to have a plan for everything and same goes for what we eat during the week. I’m not very good at whipping things up with what we already have, I need recipes-that’s just me! 🙂
I’ll make our dinner meal plan on Saturday or Sunday, then make my grocery list according to that plan and then go shopping. During the week, after I make dinner I’ll look at the plan and take whatever I need out for the next day. I usually make sure our dinners are enough for leftovers and lunch the next day. For breakfast, we usually eat something quick and on the go (bananas, applesauce, oatmeal cookies, cereal, etc.)
If I get lazy for any reason and don’t do this then we have a really bad week-lol. I come home stressed not knowing to cook and usually tell Joshio to pick something up on the way home (which is more fattening and more $$). If we’re lucky I can head to my mom’s house and have dinner there. 😉
I seriously force myself to take time to do this meal plan. I use to do it for every two weeks but I found that didn’t work for us and our lifestyle. Food would go bad and things would come up and we wouldn’t even use what we had. Once a week plans work best for us.
Anyway, below are some great recipes that I usually make once every two weeks. They are my go to recipes. Hope you enjoy them! Please feel free to share some of your favorite recipes.
- Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken– A little time consuming but healthy and sooo tasty!
- Five Bean Vegetarian Chili– We don’t ALWAYS feel like eating meat. This soup recipe is super healthy, tasty and great for cold nights.
- One Sheet Parmesan Crusted Salmon and Broccoli
- Creamy Cheese Chicken Flautas– You can eat these with or without tortillas, the chicken recipe is delish!
- 3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Up– Not the healthiest but quick and great for weekends!
- Weeknight Ravioli Lasagna– It is crazy how easy this is to make. It comes out so good and you’d think everything was made from scratch.
- One pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies– One Pan? Heck Yeah!
- One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies– YUM! so tasty!
- Easy Fajita Chicken Bake– So much flavor!
- Vegan Breakfast Cookies– Great for on the go breakfasts. These are sooo healthy and you’ll definitely feel good about what you’re eating.